Essential Shipping Tips for Etsy, eBay, Amazon, and Poshmark Sellers


Hello, Vintage Sterling Finds here! In today’s video, I’ll be sharing essential shipping tips. As an Etsy seller with almost 200 sales, I ship items almost daily. Whether you sell on Etsy, eBay, Amazon, or Poshmark, these tips will be relevant.

Shipping Costs in Canada

In Canada, tracked shipping for small items ranges from $18 to $22, which is quite expensive. Shipping to the US is slightly cheaper, typically costing between $12 and $14, but without tracking. I always offer free shipping on Etsy because it boosts your ranking in the Etsy algorithm. With over 200 sales, I’ve never had a package go missing.

Shipping Process

For example, if I sell a $25 sterling silver pendant, I:

1. Wrap the pendant in a piece of paper.
2. Place it in an envelope.
3. For domestic shipping, I use a 91-cent stamp, which makes shipping in Canada around 95 cents.
4. For US shipping, I use a $1.30 stamp, totaling about $1.35.

For items like a sterling silver ring priced at $60, I use oversized letter mail. Here’s my process:

1. Use 1.5" x 2.5" x 7/8" jewelry boxes, costing about $40 for 100 boxes.
2. Secure the item in the box and place it in a small plastic bag.
3. Label the bag with my name and the recipient’s name, and tape it securely.
4. For domestic shipping with oversized letter mail, I use a $1.94 stamp.
5. For US shipping, it costs about $4 with oversized letter mail.

Shipping Times

- Within British Columbia: a few days.
- To Toronto: about five business days.
- To the US: usually 5 days to 2 weeks, sometimes longer for southern states.

Cost Breakdown

- Small plastic bags: $8 for 1,000 (less than 1 cent each).
- Jewelry boxes: about 45 cents each.
- Labels: about 2 cents each.
- Total packaging cost: approximately 50 cents.
- Shipping cost: $1.94 domestically, $4 to the US.

Offering Tracked Shipping

If customers prefer tracked shipping, I charge about $15. Though only two customers have opted for it, it's important to offer the choice.

Conclusion

These shipping tips can help you save money and keep your online business competitive. If you found this video helpful, please like, subscribe, share, and comment. Check out my Etsy store in the description. Thanks for watching, and have a great day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Guide to Filing Income Taxes as an Etsy Seller

How to Make Money by Scanning Your Receipts: A Guide for Canadians

Should You Sell to Canadian Customers on Etsy (Canadian Print on Demand Sellers)?